Saturday, June 25, 2011

Part 1; The Plan


Ethan had a plan. It was a great plan. He was going to take Bebe out to the nicest restaurant in town and ask her to the spring formal. He asked her out right after school. She said she's love to meet him at the Bistro as soon as she got out of work. That was going to be close to curfew, but he would make it work. Heading the library immediately after his final class he finished his homework quickly. Almost as soon as he finished he got a call from his dad.

"Son I wanted to let you know that you are the proud brother of Nathan, Ella and Lilly Locke."

"But dad I thought you were having twin boys?"

"It appears Miss Ella hid behind her sister the whole time. It was a shock to us too. We're heading home now. See you there?"

"Course."

Upon arriving home Ethan looked down at one of his new sisters. She was in a crib in the main room which looked as if it was quickly set up for her unexpected arrival.

"Mom what are you doing? You should be relaxing."

"Must. Work. Off. This. Baby fat." She said between jumping jacks.

"But mom."

"Don't bother son, she won't listen. I'm setting up the cribs in the bedroom would you mind watching Lilly while I move this crib there?"

"Sure."

Lilly was adorable for a baby. She cooed and squealed as he played with her. The twins were working hard on their homework and finished right as the cribs were set up in his parents room.


"We're going outside." Aden announced as they ran towards the back door. The new sandbox was becoming a fast favorite, but it meant they were forced to bathe each time they played in it.


"Fine but if you're going to play in the sandbox you need to shower before dinner. I'm making Mac & cheese." Ethan called back to them. He was really beginning to enjoy cooking even if his meals weren't perfect they were still pretty tasty. Or he thought so at least.

Finally sundown had come and the twins had gone their separate ways to take their showers. Dinner was almost done when Ava exited the bathroom.

"It's not my fault. The tub just exploded."

"Dinner's ready, go eat and don't cause too much trouble for mom and dad while I'm out okay?"

"I don't…"

"Okay?"

"Fiiiiine," She huffed as she grabbed her dinner.

"Aden, dinner's ready," Ethan called from the hall. He was careful not to yell too loud as the sound carried and the babies were all sleeping along with dad.

"I'm coming," he yelled a bit too loud from the bathroom.

"You're sister is already eating. When you're done you two need to behave, there's new babies in the house and dad and mom will need to be focused on them so stay inside and play up here or downstairs okay?"

"But…"

"And try to keep it down dad's taking a nap and the babies are asleep. Now the tub downstairs just broke and I want to attempt to fix it before my date."

"You going out with Bebe again?"

"In fact I am."

"Think she'll come back here like last week and read me a story?"

Ethan smiled wondering if his little brother had a crush. It was cute how fond he'd grown of Bebe upon their last date. "I doubt it. I plan to take her to the Bistro and then we're going to the library to watch a movie."

"That sounds lame."

"Maybe to you. Now go eat dinner with your sister."

His phone ring as he was running back downstairs. A quick look at caller ID and he answered."Mike, man, now's not a good time. I've got a date in thirty and need to fix the tub which Ava broke."

"Did not!"

"Bro, I'll make this quick then, tomorrow you and me, The Frames, third row seats."

"How'd you manage that?" 
"I've got a buddy visiting from Bridgeport who scored some great seats. He asked if I wanted to tag along. I told him sure and asked if you could come. He said the more the merrier."

"Awesome. Now I've gotta scoot. Bebe's waiting on me."

"No problem man, invite her as well. I'm asking Holly if she wants to come too."

"Sounds fun. Laters." 
He hung up deciding that the tub didn't look that difficult. He managed to fix the tube with little effort. 
The twins were paying Knights & Kings using the dinning room table. He played along for a while and even mom had stopped working out long enough to grab her new camera and video tape them. 


Just as his dad woke up and mom got the movie going it was time for Ethan to leave. He gave his family one last look and headed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment