Sunday, July 10, 2011

Part 9; Walking Into A Nightmare


Bebe ran upstairs past the two creepy men covered in tattoos. Past Judy who was chatting with them like there was all the time in the world to discus local gossip, and started pounding on her mom's bedroom door. It wouldn't budge.

"Mommy, mommy. You need to come out. Mommy!!!"

There was no response, but Bebe could hear her mother talking to herself. And that was good enough for Bebe. She called to Judy to get the men up her and do everything to break the door in.

It took all four of them several minutes, but finally they managed to get the door opened enough that Bebe could see her mother curled up in bed talking to one of her invisible friends. "Grim, will you love me forever? Will you?"

"Yes my darling, yes I will."

"Then I need to tell you something. I'm pregnant and it's yours."

Bebe had heard enough rambling from her mother. It was time to send her to the hospital, but it sounded as if she'd be okay. And that's all Bebe needed to know. That her mom would be alive.

Bebe slid through the small crack in the door and moved the dresser so the others could enter. The bed had been moved against the other door. Whatever happened here mother wanted to be sure no one could get to her.

"Give me a minute to talk to her okay?" Bebe asked the others. Judy nodded. "Mom, it's me. It's Bebe."

"I know who you are. Grimmy told me you'd come. But I told him I wanted him to stay with me. We're having a baby you see."

"I heard. I can't wait to meet my baby sister or brother. But now you need to go with a couple nice people to make sure you're okay. Do you remember what happened?"

"Daddy accused me of being a witch, said I had to get clean. While I was talking to the magic mirror he set the bathroom on fire. I jumped out of the window and put myself out. He stopped talking once I left. Then Grim came and saved me. Told me that I'd be safe here. That daddy would never hurt us again."

"Mom, daddy's gone, really gone. He'll never hurt you or me again, but now you need to go to the hospital. Okay mommy? You know Doctor Lock. She'll go there with you. These men are going to drive you there. I'll see you soon mommy."

"But Grimmy told me not to leave. I can't leave. Or Grimmy will never come back. Baby can't be daddyless."

It hurt Bebe knowing there was no such man, that her mother's delusions were increasing due to what happened. "Mommy, he'll come back. But you need to go with these people now. Okay?"

"Okay, Bebe. Mommy loves you." And with that she followed the men out the door with no resistance.

"Doctor Lock, is my mom going to be okay?"

"It's Judy, honey, and I don't know. The burns look very severe on her, and her mental state has deteriorated due to today's incident. For now I think it'll be safe to keep her hospitalized indefinitely. I'm sorry sweetie." Bebe received the hug feeling numb by this news. She was all alone. 
When Judy finally left Bebe broke down and sobbed.

3 comments:

  1. Poor Bebe. :( It's undoubtedly heartbreaking to lose a parent, whether it be to death or insanity.

    Wonderful chapter, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Poor Bebe lost both parents too. Sadly my updates will be slow for a while as this story line is almost done. But there's a few sub stories that need writing as well as playing. This took near a month to do. I'll spend next week writing the sub stories and playing as one story I have very little control of. Damn rabbit hole. When I have actual writing it takes less time. Just a day or two to get published.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, poor Bebe. It's definitely very rough having insane parents. In a way, it's good that Gus won't be in a position to hurt his family any more.

    BTW - do what you want/need to with Sam. That's why he exists.

    ReplyDelete